Wednesday 29 May 2019

iphone - Fastest way to bluetooth tether a phone in Windows 8


As a web developer, connecting my laptop computer to the internet via bluetooth with my iphone is something I do several times a day. Is there an easy way to do this in Windows 8 that I'm missing? It seems like the sort of thing that would be perfect in the charms menu somehow.


After it is paired, currently I:



  1. Go to control panel

  2. Search for "Devices and Printers"

  3. Click on the iPhone icon

  4. Click on "Connect Using"

  5. Click on "Access Point"


I have pinned "Devices and Printers" to the task bar, but this doesn't survive OS restarts, which is annoying. Also it seems like an ugly way to do it.



Answer



In "Devices and Printers", right-click the iPhone and select "Create Shortcut". It should create the shortcut on your desktop.


You can right-click it and connect via that shortcut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...