Wednesday 29 May 2019

How can I change the "licensed to" in visual studio?


I'm not sure how it happened, but on startup my VS 2012 copy reads


Licensed To: "----------------Hewlet-Packard (blah)..."

I have no idea how that got there. We installed through our MSDN subscription. Anyone know of a simple way to replace this with either my name or my company's?


This makes me sad inside.



Answer



For Windows 7 I found the following instructions on this site:





  1. Open Registry Editor (Start->Run->type “regedit”->press enter)




  2. Find the following key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\Registration\UserName




  3. Change it’s value to the desired name




  4. Navigate to the following folder: C:\Users\{YOUR_USER}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0 (replace the placeholder with your own username)




  5. Delete the file vs000223.dat – this is actually a JPG file containing the splash screen, you can change it’s name to see it for yourself




  6. Start Visual Studio, and it magically recreates the file with the modified name in it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...