Tuesday 28 May 2019

charts - Creating map of countries colored using country statistics


I want to create a PNG (or GIF) image, with geopolitical map of countries, where each country has color set according to some country statistics (e.g. 'USA' has n, 'Canada' has m, etc.).


Something similar to LogToMap, but there is no need to generate it dynamically and/or being interactive. Data source is external file.



Answer



Just because I think you are probably dealing with log-type data, I'd probably go with R and probably the ggplot2 library.


These two resources should get you started:



There is, of course, also QGIS and GRASS GIS in the open-source full-blown GIS realm. I'm discounting ESRI's ArcMap just based on cost alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...