Saturday 25 May 2019

remote desktop - How can I have multiple active Windows sessions simultaneously?



  • When I log on to my computer remotely with Remote Desktop the local user is locked out.

  • When the local user logs in my Remote Desktop session is interrupted.


I want to get rid of this limitation. How?



Answer



You need a server version of Windows. This is strictly a licensing issue - regardless of whatever technical hacks are available.


A Windows server will then allow for 2 concurrent RDP sessions in administrative mode, after which you need remote desktop services (terminal services) client/device licenses for more concurrent connections (generally known as TS CALs).


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...