Friday 24 May 2019

When running X remotely via Cygwin why are my fonts ugly


Is there any way to pretty anti-aliased fonts to work on cygwin X server?


alt text


Basically I want the vim screen on the left to look like the pretty vim screen on the right.



Answer



Ok, so I know this isn't a direct answer, but have you considered running Xming instead? With Xming you at least get TTF support, and I've used it to connect remotely with no font anti-alias issues. My experience has been, pretty much, "if it looks like that on the screen on the server, it also looks like that on my workstation".


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...