Friday 12 April 2019

windows 8 - How to disable the laptop touchpad driver?


I want to disable the driver for my touchpad. It is called "PS/2 Compatible Mouse". If I go to properties the disable button is grayed out. There is also no option to disable in the context menu if I right click on it in device manager. A attached a screenshot of the issue below. I am using Windows 8 but I'm guessing the issue would be the same in Windows 7.


enter image description here



Answer



I would recommend that you look at the manufacturer's website (e.g. http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers ) and download a Windows 8 version - these usually have a "disable" button or hotkey you can set which is the best solution.


If you are having no luck and as it is greyed out, you can always click "Driver Details", see what it uses and manually delete those files - but, I highly advise YOU DON'T do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...