Sunday 14 April 2019

windows 7 - The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folders but I can't edit it



I want to move a file but its filepath/filename is too long.


Its context menu only shows a reduced list of options and rename isn't in the list, pressing F2 after selecting the file in the file explorer doesn't yield any result and trying the RENAME command from command prompt just yields a "Filename or extension is too long" error.


How can I rename this file so that it becomes editable?


(The filepath to this file includes some chinese characters but the command prompt chcp is already set on 950 which is the proper value for them)



Answer



I booted in a Debian/Linux system and I could open and edit the files without any problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...