Saturday 13 April 2019

How To Cancel Pending Windows 7 Updates


How To Cancel Pending Windows 7 Updates? The key is pending.


The shutdown button has the windows update symbol meaning that there are updates that were selected to be installed which were download and will be installed upon shutdown.


The only thing is that my machine will no longer boot if I let it install those updates! They are incompatible with a driver needed in the system and I did not found out until too late. The system admin used a recovery disk to get back to the previous restore point, only the updates are now pending, so I need to cancel those before the machine shutdowns next.



Answer



You can edit configuration from the group policy editor.


Start -> Run
gpedit.msc
Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Update /Donot Display "Install updates and shutdown" option

enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...