Thursday 18 April 2019

encryption - Decrypt EFS files

Here's my situation.


Was using EFS on my Vista laptop - had a backup of my certificate.


HD crashed...managed to recover some of my files (Encrypted) - but they "lost" the "Encrypted" attribute in the process.


I'm now on my new Windows 7 Enterprise laptop - imported my old Vista EFS certificate...I have my files on a USB drive and copied them over to my new drive (NTLM), but as I mentioned, Windows doesn't see them as being Encrypted...so I can't decrypt them.


Is there a way to either force the Encrypt attribute to be set, so that I'll then be able to decrypt them...or to force-decrypt them manually even though the system doesn't see the file as being encrypted?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...