Tuesday 1 October 2019

windows xp - How do I catalog files on several external hard drives that I want to store off-line?


I have quite a few external hard drives that I want to store off-line, and possibly off-site.


The contents is not saved in a structured manner, however; basically there's lots of project data for lots of projects.


Is there any software for Windows XP that will catalog all the hard drives, so I can search the catalog, find the files, and get the ID of the disk that has the content?



Answer



See the freeware Gentibus CD.
It works well for all file types and has a good and quick search function (that you can see in the image below):


alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...