Tuesday 1 October 2019

Windows 7 cursor lags when playing flash video


I have Windows 7 installed on my laptop and after upgrading to the latest graphics driver from Windows Update, I have been experiencing one major problem bugging. Here are my specs by the way:




  • Pentium M 1.86Ghz




  • 1.5GB 667Mhz RAM



  • ATI Mobility Radeon x600 (64mb dedicated, 596mb shared)


The reason why I upgraded to the latest driver from the old 2006 one is because I was having really bad OpenGL problems, like things literally running 50x slower than they should. Upgrading to the latest driver seems to have fixed the problem, but now whenever I try to play a Flash video (Flash 10.1 is my version), the video plays fine but the cursor is really choppy and jumps all over the place! It really is annoying especially when a site is filled with flash ads.



Answer



Can you have Flash offload to the video card? Or turn off offloading if it's enabled? Either having it on or off could cause a problem.


The fact that it also happens with large images makes me think that it is a driver issue.


Can you see if there is a Win7 driver from the OEM for that laptop? That would be your best bet, as far as I know. I have had numerous problems with ATI drivers being updated through Windows Update.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...