Tuesday 1 October 2019

CPU temperature between 39-58C, Is It Normal?


I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, this is the temperature information at light load:


alt text


And this is the temperature at heavy load:


alt text


Is this normal?


On one hand I have a SU user says that this is not normal, on the other there is an expectation that the idle temperature should be around 50C. Which one is correct?



Answer



My work laptop has a Core 2 Duo and regularly gets up to 55C when working hard, I wouldn't consider it massively hot.


There's a temperature guide for Core 2 Processors here. It does look rather confused, but hopefully it will make sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...