Sunday 15 September 2019

Chrome Bookmarks to default in new Tab?

Is there a way to get my bookmarks (wired to my bookmarks bar) to open them (by default) into a new tab?


It seems to me that this would be a terrific option to build in. I am all about reducing mouse clicks and speed.



  • I know that I can hit the + tab and then select my bookmark - but this is 2 mouse clicks.

  • I know also that I can right mouse click the bookmark link and select "open in new tab" - but once again 2 steps.


Also since the default is to replace the current tab window, this is not intuitive and generally annoying. I find myself always going "back", reloading the current page (that I didn't want to leave) and then re-selecting the bookmark button with the right mouse button and selecting "open in new tab".


Using Chrome Portable Beta (7.0.517.36).

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...