Sunday 15 September 2019

Permissions in Bluefish HTML editor


I am new to Linux, just installed Fedora 13 and am trying to teach myself LAMP. I installed the Bluefish editor and when I try to save the file, I receive the following error:


Could not save file script1.php Error opening file '/var/www/html/script1.php': Permission denied


Any help is appreciated.



Answer



You probably just need to give your user write permissions to the /var/www/html directory. You could do this on a file by file basis, but if you're the only one modifying the files then the easiest way is make yourself the owner of the directory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...