Thursday 6 February 2020

windows xp - CD Burned in XP isn't readable in Vista


I burned a CD on XP using the built-in burning software and I can read the CD on that machine, but when I insert it into my Vista machine, I can't read the files. It shows the correct volume label, and the correct 'free space', but I can't access the actual files.


Am I missing something obvious?


(Both systems are fully up-to-date)



Answer



If you didn't finalize the disk then it is only readable in the drive that created it. This will make it look like it's an XP to Vista problem if these are the only two computers that you've tried it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...