Thursday 6 February 2020

Flip x and y axes in Excel graph


This should not be very difficult, but I cannot figure out how to do it.


I have a table similar to this


   %low %high
0 0 12
1 13 26
...
19 90 94
20 95 100

When I graph it, excel defaults to having the first column on the x axis and plotting the second and third column as y values. I want the first column to be on the y axis instead. I assume there is an easy way to do this, but I cannot figure it out. Most of the things I have found from searching have suggested the "Switch Row/Column" button, but that does something else.


Thanks for the help.



Answer



You can manually select what you wish to graph.


Here is my sample data:


enter image description here


I select to create a scatterplot graph. Upon editing the data source, I click the Add button.


enter image description here


You can select whatever you want for series name but I select the column header. X Values are the values in your X column of course. Y values are one of the Y columns.


enter image description here


Repeat the process for the second set of data.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...