Tuesday 4 February 2020

windows 7 - How can I optimize the speed and lifetime of SSDs used in a RAID-0?

I have two SSDs in RAID-0 on a Windows 7, 64-bit system. Since it appears that TRIM still isn't supported with any RAID configuration of SSDs, what are some tips/workarounds that I can use?


Some things, but not limited to, that I would like to optimize are:



  • file write sizes to each disk to best match each 'block' sizes that are erased by the SSD.

  • speed of the RAID reads/writes

  • overall health of the drives

  • Settings of the RAID (i.e. stripe size)

  • any other 'tips' that might be considered for a RAID of SSD's

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...