Thursday 6 February 2020

Having Windows 7 "Sort by File Type" by default




Possible Duplicate:
How can I make all Windows 7 folders show in the same view mode?



I use to have a XP desktop, which I had set so that when I went into a folder, the default way it would sort said folders contents would be by file type. Now with my windows 7 laptop, thats not the case - It sorts by Name by default.


This is a bit of a pain, because I can find files and folders a lot faster when going by file type and then by name, rather by name. Is there anyway I can set windows 7 to sort by file type by default?


Right now I'm having to click "Type" to have it sort for every "New" folder (that is a folder I have not gone in before, and thus sorted by name), which I dont really like.



Answer



1) Make sure you have only one Explorer window open. Right click on an empty space of a folder and select “View – List”, then right click again and select “Sort by – Type” (if you don’t see the “Type” option, click on “More…” at the end of Sort Options and in the list that appears find the “Type” option and bring it to the top of the list.)


2) Press the alt key to release the top menu of Explorer, and go to “Tools – Folder Options”. Go to the second tab (“View”) of the dialogue box that appears, and press the “Apply to Folders” button. You will be asked to confirm; do it.


3) Close the window by pressing the Ctrl key and (with this key pressed) clicking the x button at the right top of Windows Explorer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...