Friday 7 February 2020

I cannot enable Windows Spotlight


For some reason, I cannot enable Windows Spotlight on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro N, the same version as another computer in my house that has the Spotlight feature.


I think that the idea of Spotlight is great, is there any way of force-enabling it?


enter image description here



Answer



I have windows pro N. Windows spotlight is definitely not included in 'N' versions of Windows (N versions are related to the EU ruling on media player).


It may or may not be an oversight on MS's part to not include Spotlight in the N versions. I can't find any info on it anywhere. No amount of patching, or reg keys will fix it.


Even installing this patch doesn't fix it. This will fix a few other missing bits. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3133719


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...