Sunday 2 February 2020

Setting up networking on Virtualbox Guest to access Host VPN


Im trying to get this setup going but am having quite a bit of trouble.



  • Host OS: Windows 8 64bit

  • Guest OS: CentOS 6.5 64bit


I'm using the Cisco VPN Client on my host to connect to a number of remote servers that I'd like to access from the Guest OS.


Currently I have the following adapters on my Host:



  • Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM - Connection on Host (domain access/internet)

  • VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter - VirtualBox

  • Cisco Systems VPN Adapter 64-bit Windows - Used by the VPN


My problem is when I setup the bridge in VirtualBox between the Cisco VPN and VirtualBox adapters, I cant seem to be able to ping the remote servers over the VPN.


The intended setup for me is being able to access Internet & the remote servers from the Guest OS without losing access to them on the Host OS.



Answer



To get the traffic going through the VPN I just set up an adapter as a "NAT".


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...