Friday 7 February 2020

router - How to assign a static IP with a linksys WRT54G2?


For all my googleing it appears the best you can do is tell your computer not to use DHCP; I cannot find a way to do this at the Access Point level.


EDIT: This is not for port forwarding. This is for an internal mythTV server. Right now the DHCP server on the AP is set to assign IP's from 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149. When I set a static IP outside that range on the computer that computer is unable to connect to the Internet.


I've done this before on my old Buffalo brand AP (may it RIP) without any problems. This seems to be a WRT54G2 specific issue.



Answer



From what I have found, it doesn't look like the WRT54G2 supports setting static IPs through the DHCP server. Depending on the version of the WRT54G2 you could load a 3rd party firmware such as DD-WRT onto the router to add these features. Here is a tutorial from someone who did it on a WRT54G2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...