Tuesday 4 February 2020

windows 7 - HomeGroup over a local area connection


My network configuration is as follows:



  • One desktop is connected by a network cable to the wireless router

  • My laptop is connected to the Internet by WiFi (2nd floor)

  • The laptop shares the Internet connection with my second desktop via a network cable (2nd floor)


My laptop and the desktop connected by cable to the wireless router are sharing files via a HomeGroup, yet I would like the second desktop to join in.


Is this possible? How?



Answer



It needs to be hooked into the same network (physically through router or over wifi).


You could also buy another router and set it up as a bridge to the other router and you can plug your 2nd desktop into the router. This is quite trivial if you set up the second router with DD-WRT (custom firmware for the router).


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...