Sunday 2 February 2020

laptop - Am I able to upgrade to Windows 7?


I have a HP Pavilion dv5224ea (60gb hard drive, 512mb memory and 1.6Ghz Intel Core Duo Processor) laptop which was classed as “Vista Capable”. I have since upgraded the hard drive to a 250gb drive and upgraded the memory to 4gb. Will I be able to run Windows 7 on it?


Thanks



Answer



Yes, you should be able to. Core Duos don't support x64, so you'll need the x86 version, but the specs are fine. I have it running on a C2D 1.6 with 2GB RAM and its flawless. The processor in my machine is a little newer than yours, but the Core Duo will handle it no problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...