Tuesday, 18 June 2019

permissions - How can I modify my hosts file? It is read-only and cannot be modified even as Adminstrator.


Does anyone know how to modify entries on the hosts file when it is marked as read-only?


I have tried unchecking the Read-only tick box, but I get an Access is Denied error, and I'm running as the Administrator.



Answer



Don't edit it in place. Take a copy of it, edit the copy and then replace the original with the edited copy. Doing all this as an administrator of course.


Always a good idea to keep a copy of the original version as well in case you need revert the changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...