Thursday 27 June 2019

Can I upgrade to windows 10 pro?


I have a genuine windows 8.1 laptop. One of my friend downloaded and made a windows pro pen drive and installed it. Can I install windows 10 pro using the same USB and stay genuine or Do I have to download windows home ?



Answer



You will have the chance to upgrade to 10 via windows update if you registered/register to get the upgrade. It will downloaditself and after it's complete you will be able to upgrade your 8.1 pro to 10 pro.


Copied this:



"By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one even after Windows 10 has completed setup if you upgraded from a activated Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 license."



from here


Other parts of the article say, once you have upgraded to 10 (from 7, 8, 8.1) and activated it you can reinstall competely.



Can I perform a clean install using the Free upgrade? No, it will require that you are running a previous qualifying version and start the upgrade from within the qualifying version. You can initiate a clean install after completing the Upgrade.



Which to which: enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...