Friday 28 June 2019

windows 10 - Cannot delete Steam, path leads to wrong disk


So I am trying to delete Steam. When I do so I get the error:



Windows cannot find 'C:\program Files (x86)\Steam\uninstall.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.



The problem is that Steam is not located on the C: drive but the D: drive. I've had similar problems since the last Windows update, but I have solved the problems multiple times by changing the directory in the environment tables.


I've been looking for the Steam directory but can't seem to find it in the menu of the Environment tables.



Answer



Can you make a symbolic link from missing Steam directory to the actual one at D:.


mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"

The method avoids downloading other utilities and uses the included functionality of the operating system


More about mklink.exe can be found at: https://ss64.com/nt/mklink.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...