Friday 28 June 2019

Only two monitor ports are detected on nVidia Quadro NVS 450


I have an nVidia Quadro NVS 450 installed in a Dell Optiron 380. Only DisplayPort #1 and DisplayPort #4 are detected by windows. The machine has a BIOS setting to automatically choose the primary video card, or to disable the primary when a PCI-e card is installed (which it is). Windows cannot see DisplayPort #2 and #3 no matter what I do. I have tried the Windows Drivers, latest nVidia Drivers - no dice.


I am assured that this video card cannot break in this way.


I'm plum out of ideas. I've tried reseating the video card. I've contacted Dell and they've remoted in and looked around - threw their arms up after two hours.


Any ideas?


I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. All four monitors are 1600x1200 Dell monitors.



Answer



Get a new Video Card.


Ultimately, the video card was bad. This was true even though our IT team and Dell both said that the graphic card could not break in this manner.


I think the key here is that even if I tried to use port #2 alone it still would not display. Ports #2 and #3 were just dead no matter what I tried. If #2 and #3 worked if I only used those two, then the other answer would have been best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...