Sunday 30 June 2019

graphics card - Windows 7 Crashes using nVidia Driver, works fine in Safe Mode or without video driver


Until this morning, and for over a year, my computer worked fine. I have an nVidia GTX 465 card running Windows 7 SP-1. Today, after running about thirty seconds, the screen freezes and I have to reboot. The first time this happened, I received a message along the lines "Windows recovered from a video driver crash".



  • The computer works fine in Safe Mode.

  • If I uninstall the drivers, it works fine in normal mode.

  • If I reinstall the drivers (fresh copies from NVidia), it crashes after running for a few seconds.


Prior to the last crash, the last message in my Windows System log is


Driver Management concluded the process to install driver 
FileRepository\monitor.inf_amd64_neutral_ab477c4d805d044f\monitor.inf for Device
Instance ID DISPLAY\HYO049B\5&E3CA944&1&UID3146000 with the following status: 0x0.

Any suggestions as to how to fix?



Answer



SOLUTION:


The GTX-465 card was indeed bad. Anything more precise than "bad" in our economy of disposable products would be impossible to determine. Removing said card from the computer solved the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...