Tuesday 25 June 2019

hardware failure - What type of screw drivers should I use to service my laptop?

I'm getting ready to service my laptop and for that I need to completely disassemble it to the mobo level and clean it for liquid damage/corrosion. The laptop is a HP dv7-7227cl. All of the disassemble guides I've seen use some sort of magnetic screw driver so that the screws don't get lost by falling into the components. I've never disassembled something this complex before so I want to make sure I have the right tools. Also, is a static wrist band necessary? I'm low on budget so please suggest something affordable. I don't want to buy a whole set if I'm going to use only one out of the whole set and plus I only have to use it this one time. The manual says I need a phillips p1, and p0. I guess that is the size but after doing a quick search, I couldn't figure out if they were magnetic or not. So please suggest what screwdriver or where I should look to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...