Saturday 22 June 2019

networking - Is it possible to log a program's network activity in Windows 7?


Does anyone know of a program or way to log all network activity to a specific program on one's computer (program and/or service)?


I know I can see this "live" in Resource Monitor, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a program or way to track and log all network activity to/from a specific process and/or service.


I'm finding a lot of "live"-type monitors, like Windows Resource Monitor, but nothing that can log.



Answer



Wireshark will do this


You will need to set up a filter - wireshark has some premade ones, or you can set your own using a string - this can be a protocol name or port


enter image description here


Or you can log everything and filter later


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...