Friday 20 September 2019

windows 7 - Which program wrote a file?


Is there any way to tell which program wrote out a specific file or if not is there any monitoring program i can run to find out?


Specifics:
I run a program called sandboxie which cleans up all the cookies when i run chrome. I only run chrome (never IE or Firefox). Somehow tracking cookies are still getting on my machine (doubleclick) and i want to see what program is writing them out.


Found this program: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/track-real-time-file-changes-in-directories-with-track-folder-changes/


But its not going to help because it doesn't tell you which program wrote the file.



Answer



Yes, you can use Windows Auditing to monitor file and folder access.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...