Tuesday 17 September 2019

windows 7 - Missing dll's Qt 5.12 release build


  • Windows 7 machine

  • QtCreator 4.8.0

  • Qt 5.12.0

  • MSVC2015 64-bit

  • Compiler MSVC C++ 14.0 (x86_amd64)


I am trying to create a very simple program which I would like to share with my colleagues. They do not have Qt installed and need to have an executable. I was unsuccessful as the exe had many dependencies which I was unable to find.


To debug the issue I started from scratch with a Qt Widgets Application that does nothing (i.e. just the header file, main.cpp and mainWindow.cpp). When I run the program in QtCreator it builds successfully and exits with code 0. An executable is created and by running windeployqt all the required Qt dll's are copied to the directory. However, the windows dll's are missing. Using the dependency walker I can see that a whole list of windows dll's are missing. I do not understand why so many dll's are required for a program that does nothing. I am able to find some of the dll's in the x64\ilc\lib\MSCRT\ directory, but most of the required API-MS-WIN-CORE-xxx-x-x-x.dll's are not available. I have read posts of similar issues but could not relate the proposed solutions to my situation. Any advice is appreciated, it is a work laptop, hence re-installing windows is not an option.DependencyWalker screen.


edited When running the Qt executable.... (links to screen shots below) First Error message


Second Error message, after including VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll


Output from dependency tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...