Saturday 14 September 2019

SSH into Windows 10 using key pairs

I'm trying to SSH into my Windows 10 machine from my Raspberry Pi. I've already been able to do this quite easily but the problem I'm facing at the moment is getting Windows to accept my private key.


In the windows console I've created a key pair and appended my public key to C:\Users\user\.ssh\authorized_keys but when I try and connect from the Pi, it's still asking me for my password.


So now that I'm thinking that it isn't even reading that file, it's reading from somewhere else, or I need to allow public key authentication in the config. But I don't know where any of that is in Windows 10.


So my question is, is this actual possible with that I want to do? Or am I stuck with entering in the password when I want to SSH into Windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...