Wednesday 18 September 2019

networking - One drive, two computers, but wireless

Looking to share the data from an external Lacie hard drive with both my Windows machine and my Mac machine. The issue here is that I need the drive to be accessed by one of the machine via wireless as the machines are too far apart to use a cable to network them.


The drive is formatted exFAT so both Windows7 & Mac OSX can read from the drive


I have seen some discussion about wireless discussed on Stack Exchange HERE but I don't think this applies to my current situation.


There is also some documentation about using the router see HERE. but the router I am using does not support using the USB port for storage.


How can I network an external hard drive to two machines using wireless?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...