Wednesday 18 September 2019

How do I change the Table of Contents in Word 2010 to show only headings 1-3?


My Word 2010 table of contents shows all headings (headings 1-6 in my particular case).


I only want the first 3 levels included, so how do I exclude headings starting with level 4?



Answer




  1. On the ribbon, select References, Table of Contants, Insert Table of Contents...

  2. Under General, set Show levels to 3.

  3. If you want to select other styles to be shown on the TOC, press Options and type the level number next to the styles you want to include. This is useful if you have separate styles for chapter headings and apendicies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...