Saturday 1 June 2019

computer building - Custom Built PC gets momentary power and immediately shuts down


I built a custom pc with these parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/G66QMp


It turns on for a moment, giving enough time for energy to get to the cpu fan, but not enough to make it go a full rotation. I tried taking out a ram stick, but that didn't seem to effect the computer.



Answer



I'd probably start with some specific troubleshooting, then work my way down.


First, check the CPU power connector. Its 4-8 pins, labelled EPS12V usually on your PSU and its near the CPU


On your board check for the red freehand circled connector.
enter image description here


Then remove and replug in any and all power connectors. This is to make sure they're seated properly and so you can do a check to see if you forgot anything as you go along.


I'd also suggest removing the video card and trying to boot off onboard graphics if both of these fail to rule out the video card as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...